Nanny Jo’s Nursery Opened In 2006.
The nursery is set in the grounds of a farm in the rural village of Thorpe-Le-Soken. The building it's self is a purpose-built barn conversion, which fully complies with building and access regulations making it accessible to all.
The nursery includes four carefully designed and well equipped, age related base rooms. All children enjoy free flow access to the outside irrespective of the weather. In addition to the age related outside freely accessible play areas the children also enjoy our vast extended outdoor environment. The mini farm comprises of the petting area which houses goats, pigs and a variety of ducks and chickens. As well as a large vegetable patch with the greenhouse, allowing the children to grow their own produce from seed. They can then water harvest, prepare and enjoy eating or selling to visitors. The nature area comprises of secured woodland with swings and climbing equipment, offering opportunities for children to take risks within a safe and natural environment.
Our philosophy is built around a variety of learning theories pioneered by a range of theorists. As a teamwe believe that children learn best in a child centred environment, through purposeful play supported by familiar adults (their key person) parents are introduced to the nurseries ethos during their first initial visit and our main principles are reinforced in the company's policies and procedures. Inspired by Vygotsky, practitioners discreetly assist in problem-solving, cause and effect, and encourage the children to make their own decisions about their environment. Influenced by Bowlby and Ainsworth, the key person approach ensures strong secondary attachments are made. Thus providing children with the security and confidence required to explore their environment freely. Agreeable with Maria Montessori and Piaget we believe that children are active learners, so provide a rich stimulating environment that allows continuous free flow access between the indoor and outdoor areas. Learning is play based and opportunities are provided in different contexts throughout the setting.
· Provide children and their families with an outstanding quality of care and education from birth to 11 years.
· Promote healthy living by encouraging positive approaches to food the natural environment and exercise. We provide the children with fresh nutritionally balanced home-cooked snacks and meals that meet their individual dietary requirements.
· Ensure that the children are free to move easily around our carefully designed rooms that benefit from the natural light bursting throughthe many windows and roof lights.
· Work in partnership with parents and the local community to help children learn and develop.
· Provide children and their families a service that promotes equality and values diversity.
· Promote positive behaviour.
Every child in our care:
· Is nurtured in a safe and stimulating environment.
· Is given individual care and attention through a high ratio of qualified staff to children.
· Has the chance to interact with other children and adults to play, explore, create and learn together.
· Is helped develop their learning by extending on what they already know and can do.
· Has a key person who makes sure they feel safe and secure to ensure they grow and reach their full potential.
· Is in an environment that promotes adults as positive role model to encourage each child to learn and develop.
· Is encouraged to problem solve and take reasonable risks through play and exploration.
Find us on Facebook where we currently show case all of our amazing activites and events just copy and paste the link into your web browser, Thankyou :)
Copyright 2005. By www.nurseryweb.co.uk.